Thursday, March 12, 2015

Sirens mean you should MOVE

Living in Southern California has had this curious effect of both desensitizing me to bad driving transgressions and angering me to the extreme. The past few days, I've been driving slowly and not paying much mind to the drivers scooting around me, letting people over in bad traffic, and cursing far less than I was last week. Weather likely plays a part in my mood, as does the presence of a passenger; if someone else could possibly be harmed while in my car, I am FAR LESS forgiving of bad driving.

One thing that I'll absolutely never understand, however, are drivers who don't move aside for ambulances and fire trucks.

Do these drivers who don't move out of the way not understand that the ambulance blaring its sirens and honking its horn are rushing to aid a person who could very well be dying? That the fire truck screaming behind them could be heading to cut off a blaze that could easily engulf an entire canyon in our constantly arid conditions?

I may possibly be a little sensitive, having been the passenger in an ambulance thrice (twice within the last year alone). Waiting for that ride to show up has been extraordinarily frightening, for me and for the people who care about me; I can assure you that each second spent waiting was fraught with concern and anxiety. Any steps that can be taken to limit that waiting period - take them.

GET THE HELL OUT OF THE WAY.

No comments:

Post a Comment